The crypto market started this weekend in green, with the most popular cryptocurrency, bitcoin (BTC), jumping above USD 61,000 for the first time in almost a month, while the dominant smart contract platform, ethereum (ETH), reached its new all-time high (ATH) against USD.
At 07:12 UTC, BTC trades at USD 60,511, correcting lower from 61,206, reached earlier today. The price is up by almost 5% in a day and more than 2% in a week.
BTC price chart:
At the same time, ETH is up by 4.5% in a day, trading at USD 2,165, after it hit USD 2,198, or its new ATH (per Coingecko) today. The price is up by 1.5% in a week.
Other coins in the top 10 club are up by 1%-16% in a day, with binance coin (BNB) leading the pack.
… going to moon very soon
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk)
This is not how an asset in a bubble forms a top, it is how it consolidates at it’s first target. $btcusd https://t.co/6nUbN819L8
— Krokz (@krokotar)
@TheCryptoDog Yes $BTC https://t.co/lp0ajWLRua
— Crypto Altology (@Crypto_Altology)
#Bitcoin has only closed 1 day above $60,000
— Danny Scott (@CoinCornerDanny)
$163,745,606 of #Bitcoin shorts liquidated in an hour.
— Lex Moskovski (@mskvsk)
– Unlike Bitcoin, Ethereum’s ATH Was Driven by Relatively Small Demand – Analyst
– Volatility Is Crypto’s Best Friend
– Coinbase Listing Won’t Help Bitcoin Price – Analyst
– Traders Issue Warnings as Altcoins are Booming and Bitcoin Consolidates
– Bitcoin Market Changed ‘Radically’ & Volatility Decline Attracts Institutions
(Updated at 07:43 UTC with reactions.)